Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Resident Evil: Afterlife

I have been sadly neglecting this little blog lately.  That is particularly sad, since Halloween is zombie time.   I did take time to see the latest in the Resident Evil movies this weekend, however.   I know.  It is debateable whether or not these films are actually zombie films, but I'm not going to debate that issue now.  I'm just going to say that this movie was everything it possibly could have been.

The Resident Evil movies are not the best zombie movies out there.   They really are very few people's favorites, however,  they are consistent.  From 1-4 they are all equally as good and exactly what you expect.  They are fun action flicks with lots of zombie mayham and  a few extra monsters thrown in for good measure.  I also believe they are some of the best video game based movies out there.   The plot of this latest Resident Evil is a basic zombie plot.  After our heroine kills everyone at an umbrella company base,  she goes looking for her friends from Resident Evil 3.  She finds one and they fly to LA together where they enter a prison besieged by zombies just in time to help them escape from a new breed of burrowing zombies.   They find a ship that looks like salvation, but turns out to be Umbrella Company and monster madnes and  people that are worse than monsters show down against our heros.  It is a very predicatable plot, but it is lots of fun and there is enough action and blood t make it worth a watch.

6 comments:

  1. Was the 3D distracting? I HATE 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the 3D was overrated. It was a nice feature but not necessary at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! The 3D would be distracting, but luckily you can still see it in 2D too. I didn't see it in 3D. Thank God for choices because 3D makes me ill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I'd want to see zombies in 3D! 2D will do nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These movies suck, apart from the third one. For some reason I really enjoyed Part 3!

    ReplyDelete